The kids and I have been spending more time together in the kitchen during isolation, and we recently threw together a pasta dish made from staple items we already had in the pantry and fridge. The kids love getting involved and even better, they loved the taste!
Every week I try to make sure I use up all my fresh produce because throwing out food is throwing out money.
If you don’t have the exact ingredients use what you have to make the similar quantities. You could use carrots or potatoes instead of what I have used. If your kids aren’t into green food, I would peel the zucchini before cooking and would avoid substituting it with other green veggies. This makes quite a large amount so would be perfect for large families or would even see you over two nights as a side dish!
- 1 packet of macaroni (or any pasta you have is fine)
- 2 zucchini
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Chop vegetables into small pieces and steam until cooked. I did mine on the stove top.
- Boil pasta of your choice, once cooked drain and put into a large serving bowl.
- When vegetables are cooked place into a food processor, add 1 tsp of stock powder and blitz until smooth.
- Pour vegetable mix over pasta.
- Add grated cheese and mix through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Super quick to make and the kids gobble it down! Let me know if you make it. 🙂