These are perfect with a cup of tea for a mid morning snack. I sub out the peanut butter for coconut oil for the kids lunchboxes but keep it in for mine. If you cut these in to 24 squares they are a fraction under 150 cals per block so I’ve also been stealing a few to have with my coffee after the gym 👌🏽
I’ve been adding a few heaped teaspoons of the Nutra Organics Super Foods for Kids to give them a healthy boost of vitamins and minerals PLUS it adds a subtle yet delicious flavour.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tbs cocoa powder / cacao powder
- 2 tbs natural peanut butter
- 4 tsp Nutra Organic C Berry Blast
- 1 - 2 tbs water
- Add all ingredients except water to food processor in order listed.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Mixture will be very crumbly. Add water in slowly as your processor is on medium speed, until your mixture is moist enough to hold shape. You might need need all of the water.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper or cling film.
- Press mixture into tin and refrigerate until firm. Once firm, flip tin upside down on to a chopping board.
- Measure out 24 even blocks (I used a measuring tape)
- Can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
You can use any type of oats. If you use rolled oats you may need to blitz for longer to get that smooth consistency. Swap peanut butter for honey or coconut oil to make them school lunchbox safe.
Let me know if you make them, better yet, let me know when you’ve given up on balls and made some blocks! x