This is the most simple recipe you’ll ever lay your eyes on. Honestly.
I like to mix up the toppings to keep them interesting with the kids and husband.
This week was butter, cheese and Vegemite (can omit the butter but I find it helps make them moist).
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cup of self raising flour + more for rolling
- Mix the two together and knead with your hands until combined. If it’s too wet add a little bit more flour.
- Dust your rolling surface with flour before placing dough down.
- Roll flat to approx. half a cm thick.
- Try to make a rectangle but don’t worry too much. Rustic and messy is totally a thing.
- Add toppings of choice and roll it up like a sleeping bag, nice and tight.
- Cut 2cm thick slices and place on your baking sheet.
- Leave about 1 cm between each slice on your tray to allow for growth.
- Bake for approx. 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- When I am doing a savoury scroll with cheese I will remove the tray and sprinkle the tops with cheese before putting it back in to brown the cheese on top.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Tomato paste and cheese
- Tomato paste, thinly sliced deli meat of your choice and cheese
- Peanut butter and jam
- BBQ sauce, salami and cheese
- Cheese and mixed herbs
- Cream cheese and cinnamon sugar
- Tinned Apple and frozen blueberries
The options are endless!
These little rolls of deliciousness are also freezer friendly!
What’s your favourite toppings on a scroll?